You’ve been working on your presentation for weeks and you have finally gotten everything just the way you want it. It’s perfect. Surprisingly, you are actually excited and quite proud of the way your google slides came out. Everything works perfectly!
Fast forward, now it is presentation day. You start speaking, and it’s going well. Your, audience is hanging on your every word. You’re in mid-sentence and you press your clicker to go on to the next slide, but nothing happens. You press it again. The same result. Panic starts to set in. Everything was fine when you practiced at home. What’s going on? You are so confused. Do presentation clickers work with Google Slides?
If you have found yourself in a stressful situation, do not worry. You are not alone. There are several reasons why this could have happened. Maybe the clicker was not compatible with Google Slides or maybe the clicker was simply not charged.
In this article, we will discuss if presentation clickers work with Google Slides, what you can do so that they can work and some of the best clickers that are compatible with Google Slides.
Do Presentation Clickers and Remotes Work With Google Slides?
Yes, most presentation clickers and remotes work with Google Slides, and they do so quite seamlessly. For the majority, all that is needed is to plugin the clicker or remote’s receiver into your computer or laptop’s USB port.
This is a relief for many. But it is vital that you do not lose the USB receiver because many of the remotes will not work with it.
Before purchasing a clicker, take time to do some research to make sure the one that you choose is compatible with Google Slides. It is also important to note that there are some instances where a chrome extension is needed in order for a presentation clicker to work. The chrome extension is called “Remote for Slides” and it is free to install.
What Steps Do I Need To Take In Order To Download This “Remote for Slides” Chrome Extension?
Downloading the chrome extension is relatively simple. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the chrome web store
- Step 2: Search for the “Remote for Slides” Extension
- Step 3: Add the extension
- Step 4: Once you have the extension installed you are ready to go. Just click the “Present with Remote” option.
Best Presentation Clicker for Google Slides?
There are many presentation clickers out there for you to choose from. However, your time is precious, so you do not have time to try them all. Thankfully, you do not have to. Below you will find some of the best presentation clickers for Google Slides that can be used to take your presentation skills to the next level.
- Very user-friendly and has a simple but functional design
- Complete with 3 advanced pointing modes that work whether you are using projectors, TV screens, video conferencing and or using setups that require multiple screens
- You can magnify elements on the screen for extra emphasis
- Volume control
- You can give your presentation from as far away as 100 ft. This gives you the ability to move about freely without having to worry if the connection will be lost
- Is highly compatible. Works well with Windows and Mac. It can also be used for Google Slides, PowerPoint, Prezi, Keynote, and a host of video conferencing apps including Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Dual connection. You can either choose to use the USB receiver by plugging it into a computer that is compatible, or you can connect via Bluetooth
- Quick recharging timeframe. You can get 3 hours of presenting time by only charging it for 1 minute. That is incredible! To have the battery fully charged, it will take about 60 minutes
- It comes in 3 different colors so you can choose the one that best suits you
What Sets The Logitech Spotlight Presentation Remote Apart From The Others?
You have versatility, functionality, and style all wrapped in one with the Logitech Spotlight Remote. You have the option to use this device in person, virtually, or as a fusion of the two. The price is amazing for all that you are receiving. It is the total package!
- Budget friendly
- User friendly
- Made from environmentally friendly material
- Ergonomic Design
- Integrated laser pointer
- Wireless control with a range of 39 feet
- Does not require any software to be installed. Once plugged in, it is ready for use
- Compatible with Windows and Mac. You can also use it with Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.
You should be aware that this device does not come with a battery. With that said, if you are short on time, you would not be able to just unbox the remote and use it.
What Sets The Beboncool RF Wireless Presenter Apart From The Others?
It is budget friendly but still provides you with a good amount of functionality. Since it offers a wireless connection, you can move about freely and interact with your audience. With the integrated laser pointer, you are able to zero in on the points that you want your audience to really focus on, all the while doing so in an ergonomically and environmentally friendly way.
Both the Beboncool RF Wireless Presenter and the DinoFire Presentation Clicker (mentioned below) were reviewed as being in the top 5 best wireless presenter remotes for 2021. For more information about this feel free to watch the “Top 5 Best Wireless Presenter Remote 2021 on YouTube.
Benefits of the DinoFire Clicker:
- Ergonomic Design
- Wireless range of up to 100 feet
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Google Slides
- Has a magnetic USB receiver which helps keep everything secure, this way you do not have to worry about your receiver falling off while you give your presentation
- 3-year manufacturer guarantee for your USB receiver. This means that if for any reason you lose your receiver within the first 3 years, you will receive a replacement receiver completely free of charge
- Fully equipped with a low-power indicator. This is great because you are alerted ahead of time that your battery is running low, instead of while you are in the middle of your amazing presentation
What Sets The DinoFire Presentation Clicker Apart From The Others?
It is ergonomic design is next level, and perfect for those who regularly give presentations or for those who must do so for extended periods of time. It also comes with an amazing warranty!
- User friendly
- Has remote air that is compatible with all USB A and USB type C devices
- Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Google Slides, etc.
- 164-foot range
- Can be used as a mouse
- Rechargeable battery
- Battery life span is between 8-10 hours
- Green light pointer which makes the visibility even clearer than if using a red light as a pointer
- Low battery indicator
What Sets The DinoFire Presenter Remote With Air Mouse Apart From The Others?
It is highly versatile when it comes to compatibility and for an affordable price. The rechargeable battery will come in handy. The green-like pointer will enhance your audience’s experience because what you are trying to convey and highlight for them will be more distinct.
Benefits of Using A Presentation Clicker
Using a presentation clicker comes with many benefits. The benefits include but are not limited to:
You have the convenience to move around and not be stagnant while giving your presentation
You have the ability to stay completely focused on your presentation while it is being delivered
You can interact with your audience in a more personal way
Can I Use My Phone As A Clicker For Google Slides?
Yes, you can use your phone as a clicker for google slides. Everyone’s circumstance in life is different so for those who choose not to purchase a presentation clicker, using your personal phone is an excellent option.
To use your phone as a presentation clicker you will need to install a Google Chrome extension and you will be all set.
It is important to note that the steps for installation of the Google Chrome extension “Remote for Slides” will vary depending on your mobile device. This means that the process for downloading the extension will be slightly different for a person using Android from a person using Apple. Please read the instructions that they provide and proceed accordingly.
Giving a presentation is a big deal. A lot can be on the line, whether it’s your reputation, maybe a grade, or maybe even your employment. We know how important it is for you to do your best and we want to help you so that you never get stuck while giving a presentation again! Presentation clickers give you the ability to move around freely and have the control of your Google Slides in your hands.
We are confident that you can find a presentation clicker that best suits your needs and helps make your job of captivating your audience even easier! We have discussed a lot in this article, but this was just scratching the surface. For more in depth information please read the blog post for Presentation Tech Review.
* Disclosure- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However, this is at no extra cost to you.*