Most people are willing to pay high prices for things that matter most to them. For some, this could include something that makes them happy, like an exclusive vacation. For others, it’s a life-changing action or event. Still, others will choose to pay for something that can help eliminate their fears and have an impact on the rest of their lives.
Fear is a very powerful motivating factor. Public speaking does not come naturally to most people. In fact, it has been recorded as the world’s number 1 fear. It can cause so much stress and anxiety that people are willing to pay to have some relief and help from the experts. Perhaps you find yourself in this situation. Not to worry!
Thankfully you can be trained to acquire the beautiful art of public speaking. Public speaking courses can help relieve your anxiety, fear of speaking, and give you the extra boost of confidence that you need. Now, you may be thinking “That sounds great but just how much will this cost me?” The answer to this question and other helpful tips can be found in this article.
How Much Do Public Speaking Classes Cost?
The average starting price for a good public speaking class is $1,999.00. However, you can find courses that start at around $300.00. You can also opt for single sessions that can start as low as $35.00 per lesson. With single lessons, you can pay as you go.
You may find that some courses are slightly higher in price or if you’re extra savvy you may be able to find a good deal on a class. There are a variety of ways that you can go about choosing the course that is best for you. The price differences vary because not all classes offer the same thing. Before you make a decision, it is best to review some of the factors that will influence the cost.
Main Factors That Influence Public Speaking Cost:
When it comes to public speaking courses many factors can influence the cost. Below you can find the main factors that determine the cost.
- Location- Location has a big impact on the cost of the class. If you live in a highly populated city or state, you will generally pay more in price.
- The experience of the instructor- The more experienced and well-seasoned instructors offer classes at a higher price. Because of their expertise, they know the ins and outs of what works and what does not work when it comes to public speaking. However, there are also benefits from learning from an instructor that has less experience. They tend to use techniques that are current and updated.
- The length of the classes- Most public speaking classes are taught over the span of two days, with the actual classes lasting for 6 to 8 hours a day. However, for classes taught in universities, the time span is slightly different. The public speaking classes offered by universities are generally shorter and are about 12 hours in total.
How Much Should I Expect To Pay For Good Quality Public Speaking Classes?
The pricing for good quality speaking classes starts around $1800.00 and goes up to $1900.00+. For those that have the time and the money, this option is highly recommended. It’s an investment in yourself that is exceptionally rewarding.
What Else May Be Included In The Cost For A Premium Class?
- Premium classes often restrict the class size to about 10 participants. This guarantees each student can receive the individualized attention that they need and desire.
- Premium classes often provided lunch for the students. This is great because it is one less thing that you have to worry about, and you can just focus on learning. However, whether you are taking a premium class or a single lesson class you will get breaks in between your learning sessions. Snacks and coffee will also be provided.
How Much Would A Single Lesson Public Speaking Class Cost?
Single lesson public speaking classes can start at $35.00 and go up to $500.00. The goal of the single lesson public speaking class is to teach you the fundamentals of public speaking. Usually, the more the lesson costs, the more extensive the curriculum is.
This is a great option for those with busy schedules or who want to improve their public speaking skills with the least amount of time spent. These single lessons can be quite valuable because they help you gain skills that will benefit you long term.
Since the duration of these classes are shorter, it is essential that you really focus while you are there. Make a special effort to pay attention because there will be a lot of information delivered rather quickly.
It is important to remember that you will not become an expert public speaker from one single lesson.
If I Decide To Take Public Speaking Classes What Can I Expect To Learn?
Knowing what to expect before a class starts makes all the difference and heightens your excitement for it. Below you can find some basics that you expect to be taught while taking a public speaking class.
You can expect to learn:
- How to deal with public speaking anxiety
- How to be more confident when conveying your information and to do so with clarity
- The art of capturing the attention of your audience
- How to structure your speeches in a way that will benefit your audience but still be comfortable for you to deliver
- Learn the balance between being as informative as possible without being boring and how to execute it successfully
- The craft of not only engaging your audience but entertaining them as well
- How to speak in a way that makes your speech more absorbable for the audience
It is important to note that every class is different. Depending on the individual class you choose, you may be taught more, or you may be taught a little less. The aforementioned list covers the basics.
Do your research before signing up to make sure that the class you choose has the curriculum that will satisfy your individual needs. Most institutions will give inform you of the curriculum before you complete the sign-up process.
During these classes, you will also receive constructive feedback and tips from your fellow students and from your instructor to help you refine your skills. While in class, you can also observe others as they speak. Perhaps you can tailor some of their insights into the way you present yourself as a public speaker.
Who Would Benefit Most From Taking Public Speaking Classes?
It is recommended that anyone who must speak in from of an audience should take public speaking classes. Those who would make good candidates include:
- Professionals who want to advance in their careers
- Anyone who gives presentations at work
- Anyone who struggles with confidence
- Anyone who finds it a challenge to form the structure of their speeches
- Those who are confident in public speaking but who sometimes struggle capturing the attention of their audience
- Actors or performers
- New university or college students
- Those who are going to accept a reward and have a short window to prepare
- Those who have the privilege of giving a speech at a wedding or special event
Reasons Why People Are Willing To Pay For Public Speaking Courses
People are willing to pay for public speaking classes because they realize that these are all moments that will be remembered forever. Some are precious moments like giving a special speech for a beloved family member or a friend and they want it to be perfect.
Others have financial benefits like a big company presentation that can change the game in their career. Whichever the case, they wanted to be prepared and with the help of a public speaking class, you can be too!
Why Should I Pay For Public Speaking Classes When There Are Free Online Resources Available?
Many fantastic online resources are lower in cost or free that have helped many like LinkedIn Learning, SkillShare, MasterClass, and many others. However, because it is online you are not provided the opportunity to speak in front of a group of people. Having eye contact and seeing the reaction of your listeners can be an effective way to analyze ways that you can improve further.
Why Are Public Speaking Classes So Valuable And Worth The Cost?
Many have found that public speaking classes are worth the cost because it has a deep impact on their lives. For those who have public speaking fears and anxiety, they feel like a tremendous burden has been lifted off their shoulders. They no longer dread the thought of public speaking, instead, they welcome it.
For others, public speaking classes as given them the competitive edge that they need in this very competitive world. Since they can now connect with others by properly conveying their thoughts during job presentations or with clients, despite intimidating circumstances, they feel an extra padding of security when it comes to their employment.
Still, others have been thoroughly overjoyed at seeing how impressed their family and friends are with their public speaking skills at family or public events.
What Is the Best Alternative To A Public Speaking Class?
If you are looking for a way to practice your public speaking skills in a real-feel setting but are unsure about taking a class, VirtualSpeech could be an excellent option for you.
VirtualSpeech is a Virtual Reality Speech Training Program that allows you to practice your public speaking skills in a virtual environment. It has many benefits including the ability to practice over and over again before giving your presentation, practicing with any type of background or venue, and unlimited amounts of time on stage - no matter how long it takes!
VirtualSpeech also provides feedback after each performance so you can see what went well and what needs improvement. It also provides you with a Virtual Practice Room where you can interact and talk to other members of the Virtual Speech community.
Virtual speech is an excellent option that allows anyone, anywhere in the world to practice their public speaking skills without ever having to be in front of another human being!
There are few fears in life that you can actually do something about. Thankfully public speaking is one that you can overcome with the training provided at public speaking classes.
Yes, it may cost you some money, but with the right course, you can be on your way to changing your life! Don’t just take our word for it, invest in yourself. You will not regret it! You deserve to live your life the way you’ve been dreaming about, without public speaking anxiety.
If you are looking for more resources to develop your public speaking skills while you are in the comforts of your own home, take advantage of the many online resources. Please check out the article ‘Online Resources for Public Speaking‘ for a detailed review of some online resources for public speaking